Medicine is considered as one of the most repeatable and profitable professions these days, which is why various youngsters are choosing this as a profession. With passing time, the number of people considering medical profession has increased which requires every student to do preparation thoroughly and also should have the capability of handling pressure which comes up to every individual entering in the field. Students are also required to take up entrance exams to enter into the field which includes AIPMT exam and AIIMS exam. Entrance exam shall require the student to do preparations properly such that they can clear the exam and get an entry into the course.
Syllabus of the exam
While the student is preparing for AIIMS entrance test, one of the most important things which keep running in the mind of student is syllabus of the course. Syllabus of almost all the medical entrance exams in India is the same, and students can even take the reference from Wikipedia which contains almost all the information of how medical exams can be taken and what is the syllabus of such exams.
The time for preparation of medical entrance exams varies from one individual to other; it mostly gets affected with the learning capacity of an individual. However it is recommended that the best time to start preparing is from the start of class 11th which eventually prepares the individual to take up the exam.
Entrance exam pattern
Before a student takes up the exam it is important for him to be aware of the following facts and patterns of paper;
- Medical test papers can be taken in two languages i.e. English and Hindi.
- The entrance exam can be taken at one or two stage level. In case of one stage exam only a main exam is conducted for selection of student, while in case of two stage tests both preliminary and final exam is undertaken to make selection of the students.
- The entrance exam paper is usually divided into four sections i.e. physics, chemistry, biology and general knowledge. Hence student should prepare himself accordingly.
- The question paper consists of both questioning and reasoning type questions wherein 60 questions each is from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and 20 questions of general knowledge.
- Every correct answer gives student one marks, while for every incorrect answer one third marks are deducted from the total score of the student.
- After the medical entrance exams results are announced, counselling letter is sent to the students who stood successful in the examination.
Eligibility for medical examination
For a student to appear in the exam, he is required to meet eligibility criteria in the following areas;
- Student should be of at least seventeen years of age to take up the exam.
- Candidate must have passed the higher secondary certificate examination or should have taken an equivalent examination in physics, chemistry and biology from recognised board which has English as one of its main objects.
- He should have secured at least 50% from his 10+2 exams.