Windows 8.1 added a new feature in our lock screen option, called a slide show. In the slide show’s feature, users can customize the background in slides. You will find apps and widgets that provide useful notifications like calendars, messages, weather, social notification, clock, and many more. You can even set alarms on lock screens. All you have to do is change the lock screen in windows 8.1 with new features.
Sometimes seeing the same background image, again and again, is too boring and it makes us lazy. To see different images with a slide show on the background screen would be a new feature and will also bring a change every time you start your windows. So I will give you a proper guide on how to change the lock screen in windows 8.1.
Change lock screen in windows 8.1 with slide show feature
Steps to change the windows 8.1 lock screen:
- Move your mouse to the right corner of the window, to display the charm bar.
- Now click the setting in the charm bar.
- Find the changed pc setting and click on it.
- Select PC and devices -> lock screen.
- Chose a background image from your computer and make it a background image.
Once you select an image. Your settings will be changed automatically. You can customize your apps and widgets under the lock screen apps. These are very simple steps to change lock screens. But it is not the end of my tutorial next step is to add a slide show in the background.
How Can I Add a Slide Show In the Background:
Slides show can also be customized. The setting can be found in play a slide show on the lock screen option. Take a few easy steps and add a slide show in the lock screen –
- Go to the lock screen, select play a slide show on the lock screen option “ON”.
- When you “on” the option more options appear under the play a slide show in on the lock screen option. You can see this in the image below –
- Then click on add folder option and select the images folder in which you want to make a slide show.
- The selected folder automatically adds a slide show and you will apply more settings under which display the play a slide show on the lock screen.
I hope this tutorial on how to change the lock screen in windows 8.1 with the slide show feature helped you. I am also using windows 8.1 and I have added a slide show in my background it is awesome and looks very cool 😀