Verizon is an American telecommunication company covering a significant part of the US. And it is the most popular Cellular service provider in the US. The company has over 100 million satisfied users but recently an Error 31: Other Network Problem has been appearing on using mobile phones when sending msgs.
Reasons why “Error 31: Other Network Problem” on Verizon Occurs
There are many reasons why Error 31 may occur as listed below.
- The use of third-party messaging apps that are unable to connect to Verizon’s network properly can trigger this error.
- Your messaging app might trigger this error when sending a message. The app can malfunction when messaging on Verizon.
- The signal extender (a device used to strengthen mobile networks) you are using can also cause the error 31 network problems. A signal extender sends the cellular data over Wifi. Its malfunction can trigger the error.
- A signal extender enables better coverage of local Wi-Fi signals in an area. If you are using it and you get the error 31, disable the extender and switch off the Wi-Fi for some time then try sending the message using the cellular network. If you are still unable to send the message, please contact Verizon’s customer support.
- When an Android user messages an iPhone, they get an iMessage which when turned on blocks messages from an Android.
Solutions to Error 31: Other Networks
#1: Switch the Messaging App
Android devices have multiple applications that users can use for texting. But, as a Verizon customer, it is advisable to always use its official app for texting. The users who reported the error 31 and switched back to the app solved the issue. The messaging app you are using could be unable to communicate with the Verizon network properly; hence the error 31 could be appearing on your device.
- From your phone’s menu, search and click on the Play Store.
- Type “Verizon Messages App” then click on “Install” to download the app.
- Fill in your details to personalize the app then use it to send messages and check if the error is solved.
Protip: If corrupted files cause the error, you can download and install Restoro Repair on your PC or notebook to scan all repositories and replace all missing files.
#2: Disable iMessage
Sending a message to an iPhone from an Android phone when the iMessage feature is enabled, then it will trigger the error 31 error message. In this case, you need to turn off iMessage for iPhone following the steps below:
- Launch “Settings”.
- Click on “Messages”
- Turn off the “iMessage” toggle by selecting “iMessage.”
- Now send a message to check if the issue is resolved.
#3. Clear the cache and data of the messaging app
After trying the above methods, the error 31 other network problems, should now be solved. However, if the error persists, delete cache data of your messaging app on your phone following the steps below:
- On your Android phone, click on the Settings icon.
- Navigate to Apps and notifications. On some devices, it might be “Apps.”
- Locate Message+ then open it
- Select Clear Data and ClearCache to clear all history data in the cache.
- If the error persists, click on the send button in the messaging app repeatedly to clear this issue.
Error 31: Verizon Users have recently reported other network problems. Several factors might trigger the error like a signal extender, when iMessage is enabled, when the cache is full, sending a message to an iPhone from an android.
We have discussed the various ways to solve this issue above. You can also repair your phone automatically by installing Restoro to your device and run a general scan to update any old version drives or corrupted files from your device.
Hopefully, the solutions listed above work for you. Please let us know which one solved the error 31 other Networks problems for you.