WHAT IS MINECRAFT?
Developed by Mojang in 2009, Minecraft is a sandbox video-game programmed by Markus “Notch” Persson in Java. It has since been ported into numerous platforms, such as the Xbox and Playstation, and even smartphones. With over 100 million active players every month, it has become the best-selling game of all time!
Minecraft is based on a blocky, procedurally-simulated 3D world, where the players can mine resources, and build from them. The premise of the game is to survive using only one’s wits and the resources around him/her. Over the years, Minecraft has expanded to multiplayer, with custom-hosted servers and mods.
Intriguingly, the eminence of Minecraft hasn’t died down even after a decade, and it has made its way into pop-culture. In 2014, Minecraft was procured by Microsoft for $2,500,000,000. Since then, the franchise has produced spin-offs, such as Minecraft: Story Mode, Minecraft Dungeons, and Minecraft Earth.
FIX THE MINECRAFT io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException ERROR:
The io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException error issue occurs when the game can’t connect to a server. The issue might not be limited to one server, but could prevent the game from connecting to all the servers.
Before you perform any of the troubleshooting steps below, try rebooting your computer. This will refresh the Windows 10 operating system and that usually fixes most of the coming issues cause by a software glitch. If that doesn’t work, then perform any of the troubleshooting steps listed below;
REBOOT YOUR ROUTER:
First, turn off your router, then wait for at least a minute before turning it back on. If you’re using a wired connection, make sure that the Ethernet Cable is plugged in securely on both ends while you’re waiting.
One your router is on and you’re able to connect to the internet again, check to see if the io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException error has been fixed or not. If it’s still there, then continue to the next step.
MAKE SURE THAT YOUR FIREWALL ISN’T BLOCKING THE GAME:
A firewall is what filters the information coming from the internet. Your computer’s firewall might be blocking the connection to the Minecraft Server. You’ll need to add the game to the exception list of the firewall. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Click on the Start Menu and click on the settings icon.
- From there, click on the Updates & Security option.
- Select the Windows Security from the left pane and select the Firewall & Network Protection option.
- Then select the Allow an App through Firewall option.
- Then select change settings and click yes on the warning prompt.
- Navigate to the game installation directory and select the game and the executable launcher.
- Repeat the above process one more time, but this time, navigate to the directory where you installed the Minecraft Servers.
- Open the Maxwell folder and then the MineCraftServer folder.
- Allow both the Java executables located inside the folder the same way.
- Repeat the process one more time, but instead of selecting Allow another app after selecting the change option, just scroll down the list of apps available and allow all the Java Platform SE Binary options through both Private and Public networks.
After that, launch the game and see if the io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException error issue still occurs. If it’s still there, then proceed to the next step.