WhatsApp can be considered as the most popular messaging application used by people who live out there in the world. If you are looking for a convenient method in order to stay in touch with your friends, you must go ahead and use WhatsApp. It is an impressive app and it has the ability to deliver instant communication capabilities to the people. However, you will not like to access your mobile at every time in order to use WhatsApp.
The engineers at WhatsApp figured this out. As a result, they introduced two unique methods, which people can use in order to gain access to WhatsApp. You can read the guide and gain more information about it. If you are a frequent user of WhatsApp, you will absolutely love the content written in this guide.
To help people with accessing WhatsApp over the desktop, WhatsApp introduced WhatsApp for Web a couple of years back. Later, the company launched a dedicated desktop application as well. These are the two methods that you will be able to follow in order to access WhatsApp over your computer.
First of all, you will need to get to know about the requirements that you should have in order to access WhatsApp on web. WhatsApp is compatible with Android 4.0 or above, iOS 8.1 or above, Windows Phone 8.0 or above and BlackBerry 10 or above.
Even if you are using WhatsApp on the desktop, it doesn’t mean that WhatsApp can work independently. You will still need to connect your mobile device to the internet. The desktop application will render the messages and your mobile phone is responsible for transmitting the messages. Assume that for some reason, your mobile data connection is off and you are not connected to an active Wi-Fi network. In such a situation, you will not be able to use WhatsApp on your computer as well.
Using WhatsApp on Web
Below mentioned are the steps that you will need to follow in order to get WhatsApp on web.
- As the first step, you will have to open up a compatible browser in your computer. It can be Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Once you open the browser, you will have to navigate to web.whatsapp.com on it.
- Now you will be able to see a QR code. In here, you should take out your mobile, open WhatsApp app, go to Settings and access WhatsApp for Web. Then your camera will open up. You will have to scan the QR code that you can see on the screen.
- As soon as the QR code is recognized, you will be provided with the ability to use WhatsApp on the internet browser. However, you should keep in mind that it is essential for you to keep the browser open to keep on using WhatsApp on it. If you close your internet browser or the tab, WhatsApp will get closed automatically.
Using the WhatsApp Desktop App
The steps you should follow in order to use WhatsApp Desktop application is pretty much similar to the above mentioned steps.
- First of all, you must download the WhatsApp desktop application. This desktop application is available from whatsapp.com/download.
- If you are on Mac, you will have to unzip the file. Then you should move the app to the folder named WhatsApp.
- If you are on Windows, you will have to run the exe file. After following the prompts you can see on the screen, you will be able to complete the installation.
- Now you should open the desktop application installed on your computer. You can now see the QR code.
- You should open up WhatsApp on your mobile app, access Settings and select WhatsApp for Desktop. Then your camera will open and you will have to scan the QR code.
- Once the QR code is successfully scanned, you will be able to access WhatsApp on your desktop application.
Again, keep in mind that your mobile phone with WhatsApp should be connected to the internet, so that you will be able to use WhatsApp on your desktop via the browser or native application.